Stress Management & Resilience Building Workshop
- Are you feeling overwhelmed?
- Are you struggling to keep everything together?
- Feeling exhausted from constantly juggling so many plates?
- Overwhelmed by the pressures of work and wanting to do a good job?
- Weighed down by trying to be a super-parent for your kids, including encouraging them to eat properly, keep up with their homework, and always being emotionally available for them and others when you are thoroughly worn out?
If you are experiencing any of the above, then a Stress Management and Resilience Building workshop could be right for you. Being part of a group gives you the opportunity to experience feelings of inclusivity; that you are not alone in your suffering.
You will learn:
- Ways to challenge your inner voice, so you can develop flexibility in your thoughts, which will help to relieve some of the pressures you are placing on yourself.
- Strategies to increase your self-awareness, so you can take better care of yourself.
- How to develop a pragmatic approach to managing your stress by using problem-solving techniques, goal setting and time management.
- A relaxation technique to help you manage your stress levels.
- Breathing techniques to help calm you down.
Learn to Manage your Anxiety
- Are you always expecting the worst to happen?
- Are you living with a persistent sense of dread?
- Do you tell yourself that you won’t be able to cope, if something bad does happen?
- Do you feel sick to the stomach with worry, always worrying about everything and everyone?
- Have you had enough of struggling to go to sleep and then waking up at 3am because your mind simply won’t let you rest?
Life does not need to be like this; you don’t have to struggle with your worries. This programme is designed with the aim of helping you take control of your life and to stop anxiety from controlling you. By being part of this group workshop, you will start to understand that you are not alone in your suffering – such problems are not unique only to you; you are not different. Everyone experiences negative thoughts from time to time, however, the objective of this workshop is to enable you to control your thoughts.
You will learn:
- How your body responds to anxiety
- How your thinking affects your behaviour
- How your behaviour can often continue the problem
- How breathing techniques can help to calm you down
- How certain techniques can help to distance negative thoughts
Progressive Relaxation Training
Your emotions tend to get the better of you, when you are feeling stressed, your health is suffering, or you feel overwhelmed with anxiety or life events. The people around us and even the GP may tell you that you need to relax and take it easy for a while. However, although this fits with your own personal desires, very often you don’t know where to start.
Mastering progressive relaxation can empower you to resolve your life difficulties and take control of your emotional well-being. It is a preferred alternative to a pharmacological method of acquiring relaxation, as well as being a mobile skill with several benefits that can be applied to many different life scenarios. Moreover, progressive relaxation has been proven to improve people’s quality of life by increasing sleep quality and reducing the symptoms of stress and anxiety, headache symptoms, and blood pressure for those who suffer from high blood pressure (Lehrer et al, 2007, p.91).
The aim of this 8-week programme is to provide you with:
- An opportunity to develop body awareness and deep muscle relaxation, with the desired outcome of achieving a generalised state of relaxation.
- All-inclusive benefits of remaining calm in a stressful situation, which previously would have provoked an emotional response, such as embarrassment or anger.
- A way to prepare for stressful situations by mentally rehearsing difficult scenarios and conditioning yourself to remain relaxed when things happen.
- No therapy is provided in these workshops; these sessions are purely educational.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure confidentiality in the group, I cannot guarantee confidentiality from other group members. However, as the group facilitator, I can assure you of my own confidentiality at all times.