Counselling for Low Self-esteem
Everyone has a bad day sometimes. Most of us will go through difficult times at some point and there will be days when nothing seems to go right. However, sometimes difficult life experiences can lead to having low self-esteem, which in turn can make us feel uncertain about ourselves. Having low self-esteem can also affect our ability to manage relationships and any work pressures.
Below are some common causes of low self-esteem:
- Experiencing prejudice or discrimination
- Being bullied or having been abused
- Relationship or family difficulties
- Problems with physical health
- Work or money worries
As well as feeling a lack of self-worth, you may feel unlovable, awkward or even useless. You may also lack self-confidence, be pessimistic, and have fewer expectations for your life. If you suffer with low self-esteem, you may neglect your own needs. Your negative self-belief becomes a fact in your mind and your negative self-image becomes how you describe yourself.
Positive self-esteem is not selfish; it is central to who we are and how we perceive ourselves. Counselling for low self-esteem takes courage. Together, we will work through your issues, identify the underlying causes and help you build your self-esteem.
- Explore the things you don’t like about yourself, so you can start making positive changes.
- Giving you time to look back and review your life story, you can reflect on your current situation without feeling a sense of blame.
- Helping you appreciate your qualities, so you can begin to have a better relationship with yourself and others and feel good about your true self.
- Build your self-esteem, so you can start to enjoy a happier and healthier life. Please get in touch to find out more about counselling for low self-esteem.
Build your self-esteem, so you can start to enjoy a happier and healthier life. Please get in touch to find out more about counselling for low self-esteem.