Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
IBS can cause stabbing and sharp intense pain, spasm and colic, as well as bloating and swelling of the stomach. You may worry about the embarrassment of passing wind, and bouts of diarrhoea or constipation, or a combination of both. You may also feel sick, experience headaches, have a poor appetite, and suffer from belching, tiredness, heartburn and backache.
Below are some common effects of living with IBS:
- The anxiety of knowing what to eat, and always having two sets of clothes ready for those bad days.
- The mental torture of living with the anxiety of your symptoms, limiting you to stay in safe places always having to know where toilets are located.
- Having to play safe in the fun activities you choose, including going to a party and worrying about having an alcoholic drink.
There are ways you can start to manage your IBS and lead a less anxious lifestyle.
Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy can help you to take control of your life. This effective therapy can improve your overall well-being by increasing your self-confidence and reducing the sensitivity of your gut. However, before booking your session, it is important to have consulted your doctor and had a confirmed diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Together we will explore your lifestyle and identify positive lifestyle changes:
- You may be asked to keep a diary, recording your food and symptoms, as well as activities and times that you are feeling stressed.
- We will identify the foods and drinks that trigger symptoms, helping you to reduce and manage your stress levels and any emotional triggers.
- We may look at introducing regular exercise to help you manage your health and well-being.
- Promoting positive thinking, we will help you to develop coping strategies.
- You will learn relaxation techniques to help you manage the pain and stress.
- Visualise how your future will look and feel like without IBS.
Please get in touch to find out more about Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).