Hypnotherapy for Anxiety
Treatment through anxiety therapy is the preferred and most effective alternative to anxiety medication as it targets the core underlying causes of your worries and fears and not just the symptoms. Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy will teach you to control your anxiety levels, stop irrational worrying and ultimately allow you to overcome your fears through the use of a new skill set.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
Generalized Anxiety Disorder – A sense of extreme worry or tension that is brought upon with little or no reason at all.
Panic Disorders – Chest pain, uncontrollable breathing pattern, sweat, the feeling of heart palpitations. The oncoming of which may be extremely random.
Social Anxiety Disorder – Intense feeling of self-consciousness and stress brought upon by everyday social interaction.
Phobias – Overwhelming feeling of fear brought on by a specific object or situation.
Treating Anxiety Disorders
1. Relax your mind and body, unwind your nervous system with instructed Self-Hypnosis techniques.
2. Control your sensitivity to stressful memories.
3. Application and enhanced learning of self-help techniques to cope with the oncoming of anxiety symptoms.
4. Manage, control and re-position the perception of threat or fear that may arise through thought, feelings or situations that trigger the wrong reaction.
5. Enhance and envision your level of self-confidence.
What Causes Anxiety?
Daily Stressful Events
There are various common triggers that may bring about the devilment of anxiety symptoms. These include:
• Work related issues
• Family and relationship problems
• Emotional and physical strain/shock following a traumatic event
• Any form of abuse
• Death or loss of a loved one
Family History of Mental Health Problems
It may just be that you have a genetic predisposition towards anxiety, however, this does not mean that just because a family member has anxiety, that you will definitely have it too.
It has been suggested by vast research that certain personality traits have the ability to bring about a higher occurrence of anxiety within specific individuals.
Physical Health Problems
It is always recommended to visit a doctor to determine if there may be a medical cause for the occurrence of your anxiety. Certain chronic conditions that have been commonly related to the presence of anxiety are diabetes, asthma, hypertension and heart disease.
In many situations, the dominant factor of anxiety is due to alcohol and substance abuse. It is always cautioned to be using such substances to try to manage your anxiety as it may just end up aggravating it.