I am an experienced counsellor with a wealth of experience having previously worked for several years as a volunteer for a mental health charity helping many people with a wide range of emotional difficulties; such as low self-esteem, depression, sexual identity and after counselling people have felt calmer, confident and in more control of their lives. I have a specialist interest in Anxiety and Stress Management and Resilience Building.
The other area I specialise in is Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy working in this way with my client’s gives me more opportunities to help more people with not only emotional difficulties but with very real immobilising health conditions, and to help people improve their health by breaking self-destructive habits. Furthermore, being able to work with health-related problems therapeutically extends and complements my background working in health, as an Operating Department Practitioner.
I work with adults (18 years+) for a variety of different issues both short term and long term. My specialist areas are Stress and Stress-related illnesses, Resilience Building and Anxiety.
I promise that no matter who you are, what you have been through or what you have done you will be treated with respect, empathy, compassion and understanding. My focus is on you and the best outcome for you.
I offer flexible appointments from 8am to 8pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 8am to 3pm, Saturday 8am to 1pm. Please contact me to find out how I can help you achieve the life you deserve.
I am an Accredited Member of The General Hypnotherapy Register, a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and a member of the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council. I work within their code of conduct and adhere to their ethical frameworks.
I will provide you with the best service I possibly can. Comfort and transparency are key.
Compassion, sympathy and kindness will unite to create a positive environment.
I am involved in various community projects to help guide and educate individuals.
• 2003. Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling (Manchester Victoria University)
• 2016. Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
• 2016. Degree of Master of Arts Counselling Studies (Chester University)
• Modules studied:
– Counsellor as Theorist
– Counselling Research Methods & Group Work
– Counsellor in Today’s World & Counselling Young people
– Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• My Research Dissertation: The Effects of Poverty.
• 2018. Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy. London)
• 2018. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Addictive Behaviours
• 2018. Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy for Insomnia.
• 2019. Diploma Stress Management and Resilience Building (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy. London)
• 2019. Level 3 Safeguarding Adults and Children
• 2019. Managing Conflict
• 2019. Basic Life Support
• Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Certificate.
As part of the teaching sessions, I give you a relaxation script to listen to in between sessions. In this way, you don’t have to wait until the next week to experience relaxation and start to let go further. You can listen at any time that you wish which reinforces the work that we do together and really does help you to move forward. Opportunity to speak in a safe confidential place knowing that my focus is on you and the best outcome for you that makes a huge difference.
Disclaimer: I commit to giving you 100% of my effort and expertise. I can’t guarantee success as results vary from person to person.